Thursday, March 10, 2011

If I were livin' in a mansion, I'd probably sleep out on the deck.

002
003

The countdown began before it was started. I told Kyle at week two of this semester that "we only have 15 weeks left!" in which he rolled his eyes at my attempt at optimism. Now there are 4.5 weeks left, and I am exhausted. I am tired of being tired. I came to realization years ago that I am horrible at any classes that are not literature or writing, well that really seems to be proven this semester. I thought a news writing course would be good for me because hello, writing, I am pretty decent at that when I pay attention to what I am doing, but no. Apparently journalism is out of the question for my future unless it is soft news, aka features. I can't write a hard news lead to save my life, and apparently my titles are funny (according to Kyle) but not newsworthy.
 
005
006
007

So after discovering that two out of three papers for this class were to be written for hard news, I grumbled. A lot. However, the soft news story is upon us! And....I am panicked. For this story, we are to find something that is going on at 4pm at OU and interview the person/people/group and take pictures this week. It HAS to be at 4pm, and there are three classes involved in this project. I picked the "social gaming" group at OU and even got a contact! I emailed him this week to pick a day and....no answer. Then I emailed him again. Then I took Kyle's advice and went stalker and found him on Facebook and sent him a message. Nothing. Tomorrow is the last day and the only thing I can do is show up and hope he is there or else hope that someone else is willing to participate, I just have no idea if anyone will be there at exactly four. 

011
012

And so you see, this is a taste of what I have been dealing with all semester. Little mini-panic attacks. I have completed so much school-work at work this semester during my measly lunch break just because my source couldn't get back to me until the day my paper was due. 

015

With that being said, here is my "Reporter dress" from Ruche that I bought over a year ago. Becky was being awesome as usual and took these outfit pics for me right before we headed to the Oak Park library to study and steal internet. Good times.

Details
Reporter Dress-Ruche
Vintage western shirt- Mother Fletchers
Tights-CVS
Grannie boots-Thrifted 


Song "Losin yo head" by Monsters of folk

*All photos were taken by Becky.

020

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
My Zimbio
Top Stories