Friday, March 11, 2011

Cat's art show!

070

One of the greatest things that blogging has given me is the gift of friends. Be it just online, re-connections with old friends, or meeting new people IRL. My best friend Jamie reads all my posts and even very subtly hints when I should post next, Becky and I hang out more now than I have in high school. Lauren is one of my closets friends and Cat is no exception either. 
Sunday was a busy day but Becky and I managed to sneak over to Royal Oak to see Cat's art show! I immediately noticed  all the colorful paintings hung on the walls and was happy to know that I knew the hard-working girl behind them. Cat is an amazing artist and I seriously wanted all of the paintings, it was too hard to pick a favorite but a snapped a few pics of some of them. You can check out the rest over at Cat's blog. As you can see, the girl has talent!

033 - Copy
052
032

It was also great that Becky and Cat got a chance to meet. I love when my new friends meet my old friends, especially since my new friends are usually relate-able to my old ones. I am soooo excited to throw some sort of a housewarming party in the next month or so. Nothing too fancy since we have a mortgage to pay, ahem. But maybe we can get a keg just for shits and giggles. 

I am hoping to decorate the house in the next few years but for now it's hodge-podge. Maybe I should purchase some fancy art to adorn the walls... 
 
069
071

So here are some outfit photos right outside the movie theater that Cat works at. My dress is suuuuper short! I have worn this thing a million times but it seemed really short on Sunday. Meh. 

More importantly, check out the new footwear! Kyle and I hit up the Salvation Army on Saturday and across the street is a Kmart and these guys were on sale for $7. They are like some sort of modern Grannie boot, comfy and for the most part water resistant.

075
074

I also stole this from my mom, a Mackinac Island souvenir belt! When I was in grade school EVERYONE wore these, they were "the thing" for awhile. I have been wearing it all the time lately because I can use it as a waist and a hip belt. Thanks for being a pack-rat mom! :) 

077
073
072
076

Details
Dress & Turtle neck-F21
Boots-Kmart
Tights-CVS
Scarf-Vintage
Belt-Mackinac City gift shop

*Outfit photos by Becky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
My Zimbio
Top Stories